You may have heard that half of all marriages end in divorce in the U.S.
The good news: here in Maryland the divorce rate is only 8 in 1,000.
The bad news: if you are one of those 8 per thousand, chances are you are experiencing physical, psychological and social effects.
Research shows divorce take a toll body-mind-& spirit.
Divorce is associated with higher rates of depression, heart disease, diabetes, cancer, anxiety, and insomnia. Feelings of denial, loss, abandonment, betrayal, anger, grief, blame and guilt may all be experienced. Divorce is considered one of the top three most stressful life events.
How Can Acupuncture Help?
- Acupuncture is a body-mind-spirit approach to address the physiological and psychological stress caused by divorce.
- It is especially effective in treating emotional trauma that manifests in physical symptoms- much the same way that divorce impacts health.
- Acupuncture can treat the side-effects of divorce such as fatigue, insomnia, changes in eating habits, depression, and even anger.
- The experience of receiving acupuncture at Wildwood is a way to connect to being cared for with compassion in a healing setting.
- Acupuncture is a whole family treatment option- so if you have children that are showing negative effects of divorce- they too can benefit.
At Wildwood Acupuncture Center–we are a family owned medically based clinic who will work in collaboration with other treatments you are receiving to enhance your treatment results.
Call us today to schedule a consultation: 301-530-5308
Additional Divorce Resources:
- Dr. Phil’s Divorce survival tips: http://www.drphil.com/articles/article/619
- Web MDs 8 tips to reinvent yourself after a divorce: http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/features/life-after-divorce
- Divorce tips for women: http://www.womansday.com/sex-relationships/dating-marriage/divorce-advice-women
- Maryland Divorce Support Groups: http://www.divorcehq.com/divorce-support-groups/maryland-support-groups.shtml