This recipe is excellent for the fall and early winter for any lung problems.
- 4 Ya Li Asian Pears
- 3 tablespoons of apricot seeds
- 1 piece of rock sugar the 2 inches in diameter
- 3 thin slices of fresh ginger (peeled)
- Optional: 2 cups of snow fungus, soaked overnight
- Wash, core, and cut the pears into large bite-sized pieces
- Cut the snow fungus (which you soaked overnight in hot water) into bite sized pieces
- Add apricot seed, snow fungus, ginger and pears into a pot and add enough water to submerge plus an additional inch.
- Bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for 60 minutes. This also works well in a slow cooker.
- Remove ginger slices and add rock sugar and simmer until completely dissolved
- Serve hot and enjoy!