- 1 small broccoli head, cut into florets
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 inch ginger piece, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small parsnip, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup broth (vegetable broth recommended)
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled
- 2-3 mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- A pinch cayenne pepper
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- To garnish: mixed seeds such as sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and flax seeds, as well as extra mint leaves
*We recommend purchasing organic ingredients when available.
- Heat a medium sized sauce pan on medium-high heat. Add the coconut oil and allow it to heat up.
- Add diced onion to the sauce pan and let it cook for 5 minutes. Add ginger and garlic to the onions. Cook for two minutes over low heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the broccoli, parsnip and vegetable broth. Bring to boil, then simmer for 7 minutes over low heat.
- Transfer the mixture into a blender.
- Add fresh spinach, mint leaves, avocado, lemon juice and cayenne. Pulse the soup until it is creamy.
- Garnish soup with mixed seeds and serve warm.