According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, as we are moving in spring, we should focus on foods that are warm and ascending. These are foods that help to get our energy moving.
- 4 Organic Carrots
- 1 TSP Organic Ginger
- 1 TSP Sesame Oil (Optional)
- 1 medium sized Nappa Cabbage
- 1 Organic Cucumber
- 6-10 Nori Sheets
- Organic Cilantro
- Prep all your ingredients: slice carrots and cucumber diagonally, peel and grate ginger, chop cilantro, quarter cabbage lengthwise then cut into thin wedges.
- Carrots: Heat your stove top to medium and using a pan, sauté carrots for 5 minutes. Then add ginger and salt to taste. Cook carrots on low heat until they’re tender (about 20-30 minutes).
- Cabbage: In the meantime, set up a pot on the stove with water to steam the cabbage. Once the water is boiling, steam the cabbage for 3-5 minutes. Let cool and squeeze out any excess water using a salad spinner, bamboo mat, or by hand.
- Nori: Set your stovetop to medium low heat and toast the nori sheets over the flame by continuously moving and flipping the sheet until they turn a jade green color.
- On a bamboo mat or using plastic wrap, place nori. On top of the nori, place cabbage then carrots. Use the bamboo mat or your hands as a guide to make the roll. Apply small amounts of pressure until your roll is formed. Use water to seal the roll. Allow the roll to set for a few minutes. Apply a small amount of sesame oil on the top of the roll before cutting to prevent sticking to the knife.
- Garnish rolls with parsley