Watercress is a very popular ingredient for Chinese soups in the summer time. It has a cooling property which helps release heat along with a multitude of vitamins.
- 12 cups of chicken broth
- 1 chicken breast
- 3 bunches of fresh watercress
- 1 tablespoon of raw whole almonds
- 1/2 cup of rice wine
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Bring chicken breast, rice wine, almonds, and chicken broth to a boil, reduce to simmer with the lid on.
- After 60 minutes, remove the chicken breast and shred the chicken meat and add back to the broth
- Thoroughly wash the watercress in cold water
- Add the fresh watercress and boil until the watercress just becomes soft