In Chinese medicine, this simple balanced dish is nourishing, particularly towards to stomach, liver, and kidneys. You will find this dish as a staple in many Chinese households. We take advantage of tomato season and use Brandywine heirloom tomatoes for their natural sweetness to avoid adding the sugar found in classic recipes. This fast recipe takes less than 15 minutes from preparation to table and is wonderful for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You may enjoy it alone or on a bed of hot rice.
- 5 jumbo eggs
- 5 medium pink or red Brandywine tomatoes sliced roughly into 12 wedges
- 3 scallions, including the bulbs, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
Wash the scallions 3 times and dry thoroughly.
- Crack and beat the eggs in a large bowl until smooth with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan at a high heat setting until almost smoking.
- Pour in the egg mix to the pan and stir-fry, breaking the egg into bite-sized pieces.
- Remove the cooked eggs into a bowl.
- Continue heating the pan and remaining.
- Add the scallions and stir-fry for 10 seconds
- Add the tomatoes and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the juices are released
- Add salt to taste
- Add the eggs back into the pan and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- This dish is ready when the eggs are just cooked through.