- 3 oz ginger sliced ½ inch thick
- 4 scallions
- 1 cup of Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- Bones from 1 cooked turkey
- 4 slices of Astragulus/Huang Qi which can be found in Asian grocery stores
- 2 cups of fresh wood ear mushrooms. A dried variety can be found in any Asian store. The fresh wood ear mushrooms are usually sold at the Bethesda Central Farmer’s Market.
- Enough spring or filtered water to submerge ingredients plus 3 inches
- In a big pot, bring all ingredients to a boil
- Skim off the foam and lower heat to a simmer
- Place the lid on and simmer for 5 hours.
- Discard scallions, ginger, bones, and Astragulus.
- Enjoy the soup with fresh noodles or vegetables with turkey meat
© 2022 Wildwood Acupuncture Center.