This recipe is great for cooling down the body in preparation for summer.
- 1.5 lbs of pickling or English cucumbers 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons roasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Cut the ends off the cucumbers. Then cut the cucumber into lengthwise quarters. They should look like strips. Then cut these long segments into 2 inch pieces.
- Place the cucumber strips in a colander and sprinkle the salt over. Let the cucumbers sit for 30 minutes.
- Pat dry with paper towels to remove the excess water.
- Whisk together the vinegar, honey, roasted sesame oil, and garlic.
- Lay out the cucumber strips in a dish and pour the dressing over.
- Cover and chill the cucumbers for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve the cucumber salad room temperature