- 1 kabocha squash
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons of Hon-mirin
- 1 4 inch piece of kombu
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- Wash and scrub the squash well. Slice in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Cut the squash into 2-inch pieces and then place it in a stockpot. Add the broth, hon-mirin, and kombu.
- Bring everything to a boil over high heat. Cover the saucepan tightly and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Cook until the squash is just fork tender.
- Turn off the heat and add the soy sauce evenly. Cover the pot and let the kabocha steep in the cooking liquid for at least 30 minutes.
- Enjoy warm!
© 2022 Wildwood Acupuncture Center.