Excellent source of Vitamin C and antioxidants. According to Chinese Medicine, this soup can support blood and marrow supplementation and circulation of blood.
- 1 pound of fresh pork ribs, you can substitute with one small chicken
- 2 large beetroots, red or rainbow cut into large cubes
- 2 large carrots, sliced into bite-sized rounds
- 1 large yellow onion, halved
- 1 celery stalk, sliced into bite-sized rounds
- 2 fresh tomatoes, cut into large wedges
- 3 scallions
- 3 thick slices of raw ginger
- 1 tsp of vinegar
- White Pepper
- Blanch the ribs in boiling water for about 5 minutes, drain and rinse the pork ribs with warm water to rinse away any foam.
- In another pot, your soup pot, start boiling the water
- Prepare all your vegetables
- When the water boils, add all the ingredients and bring to a boil
- Boil on high for 30 minutes and reduce to a medium simmer for another 1.5 hours (or use a thermal pot)
- Remove scallions, ginger, and onions. Add salt and white pepper to taste.