According to Chinese Medicine this recipe can help stimulate the detoxification of the liver and gallbladder in preparation for spring.
- 16 asparagus spears
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar or plum vinegar
- Wash asparagus and break off tough part of stem.
- Slice into large bite sized pieces on a diagonal
- Steam about 5 minutes, until tender but still firm.
- Whisk all the other ingredients together in a bowl and toss to coat with steamed asparagus.
- Serve warm or room temperature